Saturday, June 9, 2012

Meeting Rebecca

Meeting Rebecca is a "Big F$#@ Deal" as Joe would say. After my elbow tap at Fall Fest 2009, and asked to keep the fact that Becky, (I can now call her that) was dipping her toe in the political water, we were entering into the Governor and Lt Governor race. I was also starting to be more involved in campaigns. I was asked by our local county GOP to be on Scott's Racine Steering Committee. Racine was also starting the Pints and Politics.

 As the campaigns were picking up momentum the "events" were also revving up. I took a drive up to Cedarburg to watch a Lt. Governor debate. The debate was between 4 candidates, Brett Davis, the GOP chosen candidate, Ben Collins former Green Beret Officer, Dave Ross Mayor of Superior and Rebecca Kleefisch. Becky wiped up the floor with the these guys. She had the the command of the topics in detail that the "Guys" couldn't touch. Her delivery and command of the mic was off the charts. I knew at that time I wanted to be on her Team.

I met her campaign Manager and a friend of hers at the debate. We hit it off. Being the techie that I am (sarcasm) I had entered Becky's contact info into my phone. I was sitting at my desk in my home office one day and my phone rings. I looked at the caller ID and to my surprise it reads, Rebecca Kleefisch. Hi It's Bill- "Hi Bill this is Becky Kleefisch, I was wondering if you would do me the honor of being my Outreach Coordinator for my Campaign?" ....I paused and thought for about one second and said, "Yes."                                                                                                                                                                

No comments:

Post a Comment